View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:47 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 62-66 GMC parklight rivets and lenses

The rivet I am referring to is on that page. Scroll down until you see a one piece domed head solid rivet, It says "Domed and Flat Head Solid Rivets". Click on that. Then choose (on the left) material, body diameter and length. These are NOT pop rivets. They are solid rivets. You want a domed head Tubular Rivet. If you can't find a tubular rivet, you may be able to drill into the end of one of these solid rivets to create a tubular rivet. I would choose Aluminum for this. There are plenty in a package to try and get them drilled. The body diameters available start at 1/16. Tubular rivets come in oval or truss head. Similar to dome. People who do leatherwork use Domed tubular rivet studs. That is a possibility also. What shank/body diameter do you want????? And what is the total thickness you are riveting??? I see you say you want "smooth" head. Maybe I am not seeing the picture correctly, it looks domed. If not, let me know exactly what shape head you want. Maybe smooth means no hole in the middle? But domed.

Are the holes in the new lens the same size as the old lens holes?

Last edited by AZKen; January 13th, 2016 at 10:49 PM.