Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2014, 03:00 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Quote:
Great artwork Dac! Where does the tissue thing mount in the 55? Under the dash?
Man I wish I knew you did vinyl work sooner. I have a PDF to send you that might be handy for when you get a 60-66 again.
Hey Fetch, thank-you. Yeah it mounts under dash with that bracket on the left top. That bracket has a pivot that allows the housing to be swung out when a tissue is needed or a new box needs to be put in it. If I have any luck, which I seem to have a shortage of lately, I will get pics of it installed this weekend. Soon as I can move the '72 out of here I have to clean the shop up and bring my daughters '95 Toyota in and put a timing belt and water pump in it. She is going to Colorado with my wife Thursday 'till Sunday so it has to happen now while she don't need the car! I hate working on imports, but the car was free so have to be thankful for that, and just help her take care of it until she can afford something better. Heck of a way to spend a week of vacation from work.

Anyway I got to babbling! If you would like to send that .pdf that would be too cool! I don't care if it is something I need now or not, especially GMC oriented anything! Maybe I could help someone else. I don't have a digital printer. I do this stuff with a 23 year old vinyl cutter. Probably one of the last American made ones. 2 layers of vinyl to make what I posted. I'm pretty sure I mentioned somewhere on this forum that to make the bowtie hubcaps on the '72 appear to be GMC that the same thing was done to them. Chevy ones were all I could afford to buy, and no GMC ones found locally at all, for 16" rims.

I think you have my email, when you sent me the info about Velocity channel.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday