Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:47 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

HA, thanks for trying and the link, Ed! Sometimes these censors are kinda irritating but it seems they are a necessary evil! Don't know the show as we can't get Velocity here even if we were able to buy another worthless cable bundle with a couple hundred stations that we don't want, just to get one!

Fetch was trying to help me stream the Velocity show "Americarna" on the computer as I would love to watch it. My antique computer won't allow me to get it done unfortunately.

A couple years ago there was an un-restored Futureliner for sale for for less than a half a million if I remember correctly. Wonder if it was that one. I don't know if anyone here cares that they were actually a GMC designed by Harley Earl. They were built to represent all GM makes. Anyway, that would be a fun show to see also!

The '72 ran on it's own this afternoon and was able to go out and see the light of day for the first time since the end of May, and I was able to clean up the work bay some. There's still some tuning and new mufflers to do but it seems to run real well. There was a lot of doubts since this was a super tight budget but MAYBE all the work paid off ok.

Yeah it's a small block but please understand that we traded my wife's first car (which I bought her for a High School grad present) in on this truck. I bought the car, a '66 Plymouth Valient, 2 door post from the same Uncle that gave us that big ol' camper recently! We traded the car (plus $2400 bucks I think) for this truck in 1979. Ahh, more boring history. Here's a couple pics from today.

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C2500 valve issues running.jpg (2.31 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg C2500 valve issues finally sees outside.jpg (3.92 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday