Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2014, 06:36 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Quote:
Thanks Doug for posting the history and pictures and your experiences that's what makes this forum #1 to me and I'm sure others feel the same way here....Vernski

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I too agree, Vernski. I always enjoy reading about other members and their truck histories.

Doug -- what's the status of your '70 Jimmy? I've told you a little bit before about the '72 Jimmy I used to own. One of my memories is of driving it from St. Louis to Idaho Falls, Idaho, in 1976 for a job change. I flat-towed a '71 Toyota Corolla behind it and had to juggle the steering wheel back and forth the whole way to keep everything in line. I'm sure the short wheelbases of both vehicles and the short tow bar didn't help. The Corolla was a cool little car -- two door coupe with A/C, four speed, and a little hemi-head four under the hood. For some reason, out of the 60 or so vehicles we've owned, it was the only one we ever gave a name to -- Roscoe.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435