Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2014, 07:13 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Quote:
Thanks Doug for posting the history and pictures and your experiences that's what makes this forum #1 to me and I'm sure others feel the same way here....Vernski

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

You are welcome, Vernski, and thank-you for your supporting comments! This forum is most definitely my favorite also. It is so nice to go somewhere that talks GMC that is an up to date style forum! Thanks Jeannie!

Quote:
I too agree, Vernski. I always enjoy reading about other members and their truck histories.

Doug -- what's the status of your '70 Jimmy? I've told you a little bit before about the '72 Jimmy I used to own. One of my memories is of driving it from St. Louis to Idaho Falls, Idaho, in 1976 for a job change. I flat-towed a '71 Toyota Corolla behind it and had to juggle the steering wheel back and forth the whole way to keep everything in line. I'm sure the short wheelbases of both vehicles and the short tow bar didn't help. The Corolla was a cool little car -- two door coupe with A/C, four speed, and a little hemi-head four under the hood. For some reason, out of the 60 or so vehicles we've owned, it was the only one we ever gave a name to -- Roscoe.
Thank-you so much also, Ed! These comments mean a lot to me. I can't remember If I missed pics of your Jimmy or not, but I would dig seeing it. The Corolla probably was a great commuter and I have heard that they had pretty darn good power with the little hemi! Mom ended up with the Jimmy when it was less than a year old for reasons you are describing about towing. A person bought it new to pull a camper and when he was urged not to use a short wheel-base vehicle for such a purpose, he put it up for sale. Fortunately Mom worked at the same department at Ellsworth A.F.B. as this guy and did what it took to buy it! She had no plans to tow with it and I don't either.

I did not get to work on the Jimmy this summer at all due to this project trying to get the '72 running well again, and minor issues with the wife and kids rides here and there too. Hopefully a lot of hours can be spent on it this winter after the last two chores on kids rides.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday