Thread: GMCDAC's GMCs
View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2014, 12:54 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

Hi everyone, got all of the needed summer work on the daughter's Camry done tonite, had to order an upper engine mount last Friday and was able to pick it up today and put it in when she got home from work. Pulled the '55 in and hung the tissue dispenser.

I know, it is in need of a polish and CLR on the chrome along with a paint job but that will be a good project for a cold winter day which will be here soon enough. Oh yeah buying a box of kleenex for it may be a good idea too! I go on-call at work tomorrow so I can't spend much time in the shop for a week.

Looks like it will still be useable with the cup holder I built for the drives when my wife is riding along---or driving! Pictures bring out that I have slopped coffee all over it. Guess I better go clean the windows since it has set outside for a long time and maybe wipe off the cup holder too---LOL!. I just want to remind anyone interested that this truck is my 80% daily driver so it shows it. The other 20% is a 1991 GMC Sonoma right now.

Next project I have to finish for it is windshield washers which I started building before I got on the '72 last summer.

Also waiting for a carb kit that should be here Friday for the '72. That Q-jet has a vaccum leak on the drivers side primary barrel. Gonna rebuild the Holley 4160 that was flooding I had on it when I tore the upper end off the engine a few months ago.

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tissue holder 010.jpg (2.47 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg Tissue holder 011.jpg (2.79 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg Tissue holder 012.jpg (1.98 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg Tissue holder 013.jpg (2.52 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg Tissue holder 014.jpg (2.05 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday