View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM

Truck: I don't own one at this time
RustyNut is on a distinguished road
Default Southeast Mini-Meet

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!!!!!

During the exchange of salutations on the Happy Holiday thread there was some interest shown in a Southeast "Mini-Meet". The Atlanta area seemed to be OK with those who showed interest>

I believe potential attendees are as follows: (in no particular order)

Clyde Abbeville, SC
aphaynes Athens, AL
kknotts Ellisville, MS
GMCNUT Arab, AL
frost66 Cullman, AL
RustyNut St Louis, MO
Ed Snyder Jacksonville, Oregon

I am copy/pasting my invitation to the Wichita Mini-Meet held this past summer:

Since I joined the group (10+?) years ago I have always promoted the idea of all members to try and organize "Mini-Meets". I have hosted/promoted a couple & attended quite a few. There is no better excuse to travel & meet new folks! And the good thing is the folks you meet all have one good thing in common..... They love these trucks!!!!!

I can honestly say that the 20 or 30 members I have met at these meets all seem to be "Good People". Over the years a few of these folks I have met have turned into what I consider real friends.

I hope everyone here thinks about trying to promote/organize a "Mini-Meet" in your area. Throw the idea out there and see what happens. Might be 2 or 3 folks, might get 6 or 10, may be the blow-out extravaganza of the century (Highly doubtful, but hey who knows).

With that being said, Are there any folks in the Southeast that would be willing to try and get together sometime this summer? Depending on response and location I can try to find a central location to try and accomodate as many as possible.

My next question is, I have suggested a Mini-Meet at Barnesville (1 hour south of Atlanta) on May 2nd. They are have a "Battle of the Bones" Festival which includes a BBQ competition and Car show.

http://barnesville.org/bbq-blues/

Is this a good option???? Who could make it??? Should we start planning????

OR

If anyone else has ideas/suggestions please speak up now so folks can start making plans.

Take Care ALL!!!!!

Rusty