View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2015, 01:34 AM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Southeast Mini-Meet

Hey Rusty, Here are a couple of ideas to consider.
There is a Moultrie Swap Meet and Car Corral on Feb.6-8. It is right of I-75 in Moultrie, South Georgia.
The Macon International Cherry Blossom Festival goes from March 20-28, in Macon Georgia. It too is right at I-75. There will be car shows in the huge Central City Park, and other sites in and around Macon.
Either of these dates/places will have a lot to offer car and truck folks. The swap meet is huge and there are parts to be found there. I think this suggestion offers the most bang for the buck, for truck folks.
The Macon Park Show will have a good many cars, some trucks and a fair type atmosphere. The Barnesville car show historically has been a rather small car turnout. The big draw is the cooking contest. The cars have always been a less prominent part of there festivities. Nothing wrong with it, just kind of a smaller car pool in a big cooking pond.
These two events are all that jump out at me that might make the most folks happy. Any of the three are fine for me. I love the laid back feel of the Barnesville Fest, the wide open fair of the Central City Park Show, and I have always wanted to go to Moultrie for the Swap Meet. If you decide on Moultrie, I will now have a great extra reason to make it down there. Hope this helps, Greg Mead