View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2018, 11:36 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

[QUOTE=FetchMeAPepsi;69575]I never could get it inside the face to get all the rusty color out of it, but it looked a lot better than it did before. So I stuck the new grommet on it.

And check out the size difference. The old grommet was larger.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I worked the lip around with the screwdriver until it was seated back in its hole. It wasn't hard. The new rubber was very pliable.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

And this is the final result. Tada! I'll have to do it all again if I ever paint her, I guess.

QUOTE]

The trick to install the filler neck grommet is to installed it first in the truck. Then put a light coat of Vaseline on the grommet and the filler tube. Then it slide in easily. The same go for the interconnecting hose.