View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2021, 02:16 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
geasson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it my fuel pump?

AZKen,
The motor is a 305 E, sorry for not saying that sooner. The truck has not run for a couple of years and the fuel pump was new last time it ran. When I got the truck, the tank was full of crud and rust, so I just replaced it with a new tank and got it running, rough, but running. I replaced the pump before I discovered that the tank was full of rust and so it was a new pump. I compared the profiles of the pumps and they look the same. I disconnected the fuel line from the carburetor and cranked the motor and got nothing in the bottle on the line. While the line from the tank was disconnected, fuel was leaking to the extent that I had to plug that line with a bolt. The hand pump test was done with nothing connected; only the fuel in the pump was displaced, not a lot of fuel, but I could feel the vacumn when putting my thumb over the input line. I could also feel pressure when putting my thumb over the output line. The motor will run when gas is poured into the carb, but only until that fuel is burned. Thanks for your help.