View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2022, 11:56 AM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 66 4000 stereo install

Animalsservicar

I wanted the OEM look so I had the GMC factory radio upgraded to 4 channel and 100watt output with FM/iPOD and a sub-wolfer output, I'll probably never use it.

I bought a dual cone speaker for the dash space like factory (70 watts) and a bought a King Floor Console from Cupholersplus.com. place the console on the transmission tunnel and adjust (bend) the malleable side brackets to the contour of the transmission hump in your truck. The side panels do come with hidden speaker cut outs for mounting your own 6.5" speakers.

Because I wear hearing aids, I'm into quality not quantity, I contacted my ear doc and asked what range freq. my hearing aids are set at and used that to help buy the best speakers.

Rockford-Fosgate has a line of speakers which you can select from based on the frequency range you need. I bought 2 6 1/2 speakers and fitted them to my console. A neat thing I learned was because the console has storage where the speakers mount, this area acts like a sub-woofer chamber and helps with bass. I used RCA plug qiuck disconnects - so If I enter a show that judges on "Antique OEM" I simply unplug the console and tuck away the speaker leads.

The company offers 48 different colors, you visit their website, check off what color you think match, they mail you FREE samples and once you have the right color pick from they series, they make so bother hump and seat style incase you have a floor shifter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCS1.jpg (369.2 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg NCS2.jpg (86.0 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg FCS.jpg (171.5 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)