View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2022, 05:36 PM

Truck: 1960 3/4, 4 spd, stepside
Jim A is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What did you do for your GMC today?

What I did for my GMC:
Last summer my clutch totally stopped de-clutching after gradually getting worse over several years. It was on a trip hauling home what was supposed to be the second to last load of hay to carry my livestock over the winter after drought had pretty much killed the hay crop locally.
I've detailed that fix elsewhere here, so suffice to say it was a near thing to finishing off my fifty plus years of using the '60 1500 for literally everything trucks can be used for. No "kits" are available, so I had to piece together a complete rebuild from about five places all over the US. A few months altogether.
Along the way, we discovered that the front right brake was not working. That fix, another near finisher, is also covered elsewhere. It continued to the left side. Both were seized with solid oxidized sixty year old brake fluid.

What my GMC did for me:
After a short local run last weekend, yesterday we finished the interrupted hay hauling with a 20 mile each way trip to bring home not quite a ton. Uphill, downhill, twisty, freeway and downtown with nary a glitch.
Also with several, "Hey, nice truck" comments.