View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2014, 02:48 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 Custom Wideside SB
jagarra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mirror attachments

So there are existing holes in the reinforcing plate. I was hoping there were as the bolts shown for the mirror were machine threads. I too am big on making things equal when installed, so I would be measuring it out very carefully before I drilled any holes. What about the interior mirror? The nifty replacement mounts looked to be installed by drilling holes above the window, this truck never had a rear view mirror, so no existing holes. I do have a glue on mirror assy from a friends Chevy, maybe I will just buy the correct glue and go that route.

Right now I have bigger fish to fry on this truck as it doesn't run. The PO believed the valves were burnt from unleaded. I had discussed the issue in this forum many months ago and the consensus was that the valves were too tight.

I plan on adjusting the valves cold first to a ballpark figure, plus a couple thousands from specs and give the old girl a compression test first to see what's up. This truck shows 67K on the odometer, since it was used as a farm/dump run truck, it may be correct.

Is there a drain on the gas tank?

We go and pick it up today, I will post some pictures when it gets to my place.