View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:20 PM

Truck: 1966 1000
kieth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Torque within a usable range of speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
Sounds like you're a numbers guy! Im gonna keep that in mind when i start getting tires and such!

when you say "why does it not open up" do you mean why isnt it showing up on your post as a picture? Its a pdf file so you have to download it and open it.
Numbers was my nickname when I sold class 8 trucks and later when I started my own class 8 used truck dealership. I originally developed the concept of torque within a usable range of speed in the 80's when speed limits started to change every 6 months from 55mph to 75mph, tire sizes started changing, transmissions, and engines. I had a hard time trying to figure out what made a truck pull good and get good fuel mileage. Went back to my old sales engineering days (speed reducers, winches, and planetary track drives, mixed up a bunch formulas, and printed out a 8" thick notebook that showed all engines, transmissions, rear axle ratios, and tire sizes in a format that allowed one to quickly decide what to try and with the torque numbers what would actually work in the real world.......so "numbers" is appropriate. Kieth