View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

i used the open end for the other fitting. If you wedge one of the lips into the hole you can turn it pretty easy and it doesn't mess up the threads

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Now slip the gasket on his hangy parts so it doesn't leak.

Go ahead and carefully run the bolts into the motor now. Mine kept trying to cross thread. Maybe my fingers are crooked. You don't need to torque them down to 9000 lbs either. Just snug.

Here my phone got too hot and quit working (97 degrees at this time) so I couldn't take a pic, but you should connect the bottom hose once the motor bolts are connected. Otherwise you won't ever get anywhere.

I found I had to take the line off the fuel filter up by the carb to get the top line to reconnect right. Notice I had a screwdriver now. Much easier!

Then I connected my carb to pump line snugly.

And finally I just had to reconnect the fuel line to the filter.

And that was it! I then connected my battery to the wrong posts and fried my new alternator. ARRGH!!! But I was able to get her started and let her run again. It took about 30 seconds of crank to get gas to the carb. Then she fired right up and ran sooo smooth! I'm surprised by how much different she sounds. I guess the poor girl was starvin!

I'll replace the alternator offsite because I already did that once not too long ago, then Cecilia's taking me and the kids to the dump to get rid of old fence material.

Thanks for reading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.