View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2021, 12:43 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Quote:
Well, sometimes things do not go as expected. A fire ravaged the place where I worked on the bed parts and had stored them. Luckily the pickup (without bed) is stored elsewhere, so I'm lucky I still have it.

Its not my house, but that of my grandparents. Glad they are OK themselves. That is the most important. Sheet metal can be welded onto or replaced.

The bedsides were not great but I'm guessing they are scrap now. It seems the tailgate and front panel and still salvageable. The fenders too.
So sorry to hear about your loss of bed parts, David. Thank goodness your grandparents are OK. Like you said, sheet metal can be replaced. Not so with grandparents.

I have no idea what European wrecking yards are like, but perhaps you could find a Chevy or GMC bed in one of them. I even bought a whole Chevy pickup one time, just to get the bed off of it for a GMC project (already had a good tailgate), then sold the still running pickup minus the bed. Some future owner could always build a flatbed for it. At least it sounds like you've still got a good GMC tailgate.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435