View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2024, 02:07 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: One Ton Suburban

When Dad bought this one ton panel truck in 1965 which he converted into a Suburban with four rows of seats, he spent a lot of time at the dealership in Wichita, Sauder-Lygrisse. I usually went with him for visits because I liked looking at all the trucks, and listening to the conversations between Dad, Norm Sauder, and Gene Lygrisse. I could tell Norm and Gene were fond of Dad and his plans for the Suburban conversion.

One of the things I found interesting at the dealership was a board on the wall below the parts counter. It was a sheet of plywood painted white with a black line painted down the middle. On the left side were V6 engine parts (piston, con rod, etc.) wired to the board, and on the right side were corresponding small block V8 engine parts for comparison. It was obvious how much bigger and heavier all the V6 parts were.

Occasionally someone would come into the shop there and insist on replacing their V6 with a V8, thinking that two more cylinders had to be better. Dad and I always got a laugh out of that.

So, my question is, does someone out there with time on their hands want to recreate that old sheet of plywood with V6 and V8 parts? Might convince the occasional member here who wants to do the V6 to V8 conversion to stick with the V6 instead.
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435