View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2013, 04:16 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum browsing problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bongert View Post
Greetings Doug!

Good one! I also am familiar with the hammer fix for computers! Sometimes ya just gotta wonder if we're better off with them, or without them. Useful tools when they work right, but I still long for the good old days when people didn't rely on computers to do everything for them! Can you imagine trying to work on these old GMC trucks if the engines were computer controlled like the ones of today?
Thanks George,

Ha- the hammer technique is what you do when you have a gravel driveway. A co-worker has a concrete driveway and uses his '71 Blazer to smash computers he has issues with. He is able to sweep up any tire poking debris which may not be possible on my gravel!

Sure would be a nightmare to me anyway, having all the modern electronics in the old trucks. On other sites it sure seems like a lot of folks are taking these old trucks and converting them to computer driven gizmos. The newest GMC I own is a 1991 and it does have a computer but I have been able to BS thru any issues so far----all I drive is GMCs by the way---LOL!

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday