View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: fixing up my 1963 1500 Custom in Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snags View Post
1. I was thinking of pulling the engine to clean it up and paint it, and also paint the inner fenders and fire wall while I'm at it. Is pulling and installing the GMC v6 fairly straightforward and not very time consuming? Or am I just asking for more head aches than it's worth to have a clean engine and freshly painted engine compartment? I will have a engine hoist and stand to borrow.
My suggestion would be to just pull the front clip off. Of course that is what I do when I remove the engine as well since it makes it easier to get to everything.

But if you removed the front clip, you could get to the engine with a pressure washer and clean it, and probably paint it right there fastened to the truck. Maybe not a show quality paint job, but a decent one at least if you are careful.

You could clean the inside of the fenders and such while they are off the truck as well and could paint them at that time.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500