View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:07 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I had to make a run to get some cedar logs for gate posts today with the lil' blonde. It was a good excuse to take Cecilia for a spin on a 30 mile run to see how she did engine-wise.

The engine held up great.....The tranny? Well... We'll get to that.

Things started off smooth. We gassed up with an extra 2 gallons just to be safe.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

On the way, waving and singing

Quote:
Rollin' down a backwood
Tennessee highway
One arm OWWNNNNN Tha wheel!
Hold my munchkin,
with the other
A sweet soft southern thrill!
Worked hard All Week,
Got a little jingle (ching!)
On a tennessee SAAAAT-ur-dee night!
Couldn't feel better
We're together
With my Dixieeeeeee land Delight!
Those aren't all the right lyrics but we sing funny. Be glad you werent there.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

At the sawmill we met a big longhorn bull. We thought he was a car salesman because as soon as we saw him he started this...

Logs loaded, headin back

Then it happened on this winding stretch with grass so high it was over the roof in some places....SCREEEEEECHHHH!!!!!

I had just let off the gas a little and the transmission or the transfer case let out a loud squeal like rubbing metal. We were still about 10 miles from the house. We started prayin.

When I pressed the gas petal again (put it under load) it stopped altogether. Then it squealed constantly any time I let off the gas to slow down or pushed in the clutch to shift. Anytime the engine wasn't pushing on it the tranny or transfer case was singing it's banshee song.

I got out at the next stop sign to take a peek but nothing was hanging out, tied up in the axle or looked suspicious so it had to be inside somewhere. I thought maybe squirting the transfer case with all that water under high pressure caused it to suck up water and maybe that was the problem.

We made it home thankfully. i put the baby down for a nap and pulled out the book to see how to drain and refill the fluids right quick.

The manual said "check the fluids. To work on it drain and replace the fluids. See another page:

that page said "fill to top of filler plug". No help at all!

I just bought an owners manual and thankfully it told me the capacities, but not the where/how to!

Grrr

So I crawled under her and looked. There's too many plugs.
Transfer case:

Tranny:

I asked in the transmissions forum. Hopefully someone will have an idea for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.