View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Found a BBGMC v6 401 in TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubariba View Post
LOL. I am new from all this GMC V-6 Big Blocks but according to Wiki, the only difference between the 305 and the 351 is that the bigger bore, improved heads and larger carb.

I will try to post some pics of the engine bay but everything is really tight fit in there so I am sure I am sure if came from the factory (in 1957) that way with that engine. I don't know if Western Flyer had access to those engines before GMC released them in their lined but if it was a later down the road add, whoever did that conversion did an outstanding job.
I'm sure BBv6 will be in to correct us, but I think they had different water jackets (is that a thing?) too to account for the added heat/pressure. IIRC, and I may not, they weren't just 305s with bigger pistons + heads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.