View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2022, 11:05 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 11 pin round wiring on back of gauge cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGMC View Post
I have the same problem, so no adapter to go from this round plug no newer style after market gauges? So only option is to cut into harness and splice individually?
Cal, I had a 1960 GMC. Those round connectors plug into a printed circuit, as you know. The Chevy's don't have that as far as I know. I don't remember how my harness was constructed or reconstructed over the years. You seem to have a connector upstream of that round one. If that is a mated male/female connector. Disconnect them and post several well lit pics of the mated connector and the halves. I can then possibly advise a mate for the round connector side of that connector or a way to wire to it without major cut and splice. Leave all of your harness untouched.
Post lost of pics at a proper distance to see the whole thing. Not far away pics. Not super zoom.

FYI: Aftermarket gauges are not usually compatible with 6066 senders. Gas, temp, pressure. Wiring may also change a little if a person goes with a internally regulated alternator and a voltmeter.

Of course, being a dedicated 6060GMCCLUB we would recommend finding a GMC gauge cluster. That is the first answer.

Last edited by AZKen; March 2nd, 2022 at 11:23 PM.