View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2015, 01:36 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My uber rare 1966 GMC Suburban Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron david View Post
here is a Canadian GMC protecto-plate

I do not understand what uber rare means. a 66 suburban is not really a rare vehicle!
Is this suburban a repaint?
ron
You are actually dead on with that comment Ron - I should have said "rarely equipped" or something. The 66 Suburban itself is not a rare vehicle at all - there are still quite a few left today from the original production run, but finding one today that is still in-tact as it was from day one equipment and option-wise would be considered a rarity among the surviving suburbans left, and certainly rare to see one with so many options - even when these trucks were new very very very few came with all the options this one has, so that is the basis for me adding the "uber" wording to the title. For all you or I know this may be the only surviving suburban of its kind that actually came from the factory so heavily equipped....can't be many that's for sure
It is a repaint - sort of what I call a "scuff and shoot" job. It will get it repainted this Spring to one of the two-tone choices from the 1966 GMC color chart.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)