View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2016, 05:23 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Too much timing?

Was driving the ol truck around today. V6 Really seems to be happiest with 10 initial and ported vacuum advance. Everything else I tried just Doesn't seem to be as nice. So I'm sticking with this setup. By the way....I had the ol thing up to 70 MPH for a Short time. LOL Bout 3300 RPM or something like that....super scary though...ain't doing that again. I like that motor and want it to last for awhile. 2500 seems to be it's cruising limit so I don't push past that....Most of the time I'm at a Peak of 2400 which is around 50. Get a bunch of tailgaters, but I don't care...it's My truck and I'm not gonna push it past it's limit cause some idiot is in a hurry on a weekend. lol Cold starting has been more involved, but then it suddenly comes to life. The advanced timing has also helped make warm up times shorter. Used to have to let it idle for like 5 minutes, but now I let it high idle on choke for about 3 and just go easy on it until I get to the high way. Doesn't stumble or back fire when it's cold anymore. She's been a good runner for sure. Confidence keeps going up.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.