View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New member introducing myself and Holley carb

I would love to see pictures of the truck.

On the carburetor I would check the float level, which is very easy to do. With the all warm up and idling. There is a plug on the right side of the fuel bowl. Unscrew and remove the plug. The proper fuel level should be just barely start to flow out of the bottom of the hole. If adjustment is need, loosen the screw (do not remove, only need to loosen about a turn) at the top front of the bowl then turn the nut. Turning the nut clockwise will raise the float level and counter-clockwise will lower it. Then tighten the screw. Then the idle mixture screw should be set approx. 1-1/2 turn out from full seated position. Idle may also need to be adjusted. Refer to Holley page for detail info.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

If you want an automatic choke you will need to buy the following:
De-choke linkage

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

and electric choke (the picture in the instruction is on a 4 barrels Holley. The 2 barrels is setup the same way)

While your at it buy a Holley Renew Kit so you can disassemble, clean, reassembled, and adjust for top performance(

). This web page also has the disassembly instructions.