View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:50 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: New member introducing myself and Holley carb

Hello David. Glad you found us.
Well well well, fancy that..........even Holley says the 500 is the wrong carb. 350 is all it can use. Like many of us have said many times. It falls on deaf ears because 500 is such a macho number. Then you fiddle and diddle and tune and tricks and change everything to make a 500 run and get no better gas mileage and still max out a 4000 RPM., same tranny, same differential, same gearing, same cubes, same speed. Oh gosh!

Now Holley is wrong....YOWZA! Bada Bing, Bada Boom! Rim shot please. I'm gunna put one on my 5HP Briggs and Stratton.

David, I would try to find a Bendix-Stromberg WW carb per our Carburetor Data Page. Easy rebuild and kits/videos available.

The "upgrade" to a Holley, described by Jolly, is on a 351. There are folks out there who have done it to 305's and have seen no improvement but are scared to say so. Actual testing has been done and shows no improvement in performance, but ignored. Holley Tech says will not benefit, now being ignored. It seems that the benefit is a perception. That's OK. So I do agree everyone should do what they wish as long as they hear all sides of the story.

Last edited by AZKen; November 17th, 2018 at 11:29 PM.