View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2021, 02:52 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500
Caseyjones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 Palomino Tan build

Quote:
Welcome to the forum, Casey! My '67 is Palomino Tan too, but most people call it pink when they see it because of years of fading in the sun.

I'm curious why you would want to convert your rear suspension to control arms when half ton GMCs had leaf springs, just like your three-quarter ton model. The '60 to '62 GMC half ton models had the control arms and coils, but GMC upgraded to leaves in 1963.
Hi Ed,
I priced out what it would take to keep the leaf spring setup and convert to half ton, but in the end my desire to switch is mostly due to how much I like the ride quality of my C10. The truck’s heavy hauling days are over

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I did get to spend some time on it the last couple of nights and have been able to reverse and repair some questionable electrical modifications. I’m a couple of switches and a couple of ground wires away from having it back to 100% functional. Then I plan to spend a little more time on the brakes so I can really road test the engine. At that point I should have a good idea of what I’m working with.