View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC K 1502
1965GMCK1502 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Intro 1965 GMC K1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKE View Post
I've always read that front lift blocks are not a good idea. They typically have more stresses from turning and are more prone to loosening, And all kinds of bad things happen if they fall out.

Plus I like trucks with a little Rake to them, a little higher in back than in the front. Then if you haul something the truck levels out. Nothing worse in my opinion than a truck with it's tail sagging or dragging.

My truck is not a GMC but is a stock 3/4 ton 4wd long box, 8 ft., rear sits about 4-5 inches higher than the front. It takes over a Ton sitting on the back half of the box to get it sitting level. I does have over-load springs, an extra short spring on top of the normal 4-5 leaf pack that catch "L" shaped spring perches. With your short box the rear about 3 inches higher would look nice.

I still like that Orange paint! And the clearance lights!
Thanks! I like the rake as well just think this current set-up is a bit off. Will remove front block entirely and reduce rear to 2", maybe 3". Totally agree with you re orange paint and lights! Considering a black cab roof and black step rails...
Current rear-end whine is taking precedence though. Need to figure that one out.