View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2018, 07:56 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1963 Custom Suburban Carryall - 95% original, all 3 seats, Mark IV A/C, PS/PB, 305E V6, Palamino Tan
62Burb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn Signal Switch kaput?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Take off horn button and horn parts and observe operation of the lever to determine right turn lever issue. Sometimes a mechanical issue can be fixed. But the plastic/nylon parts involved are hard to restore when cracked/broken.

Notes:
1. This lever problem is right side, same as brake issue side. Clue??? Don't know.
2. Shine up the brass male and female contacts of that firewall connector mating pair.
3. On sale. Quick fix if it's the actual electrical switch part of the assembly.
I pulled the horn components, but can't get to the TS assembly w/o pulling the steering wheel. Do I want to do that?

In my inexperience, some of info on Jolly's page comes across as confusing. For example,

"Now on the pedal mount you should find the stop light switch, it has two wires. Is there any power at the Stop light switch?
One wire should have power, if not trace the wire back to the fuse box & repair as needed."

I have an orange and a whit wire to the brake switch, and both have 12 volts. The orange wire blade connector had overheated or arced at some point, so I replaced the connector and cleaned up the connections. I set up a long ground to the taillights, and I am getting some brake light action; weirdly the turn signal lights that had been working aren't now!

Also, pictured is a ?switch at the bottom of the steering column; anyone tell me what it is and why only one connector is plugged in; nothing available that seems to go there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181003_142535.jpg (1.96 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20181003_142311.jpg (2.35 MB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.