View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2019, 12:50 PM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1965 GMC in the alps. Greetings from Austria.

Thanks for your motivation

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Concerning the parts sources you are right. Large parts like crossmember, trailing arms are hard to come by. Unfortunately, there are no US cars on our junkyards.
Everything else the price is ok, e.g. at Rockauto. Price for shipping is ok too. It is cheaper than restore a german car. The prices for spare parts for old cars like VW, Audi, Mercedes or BMW are extremely high.

Here are some new pictures for the 6066gmcclub.

Brakes, spindles, hubs, control arms, shaft, crossmember and the frame I have now completely taken apart. It is currently at sandblasting, priming and painting

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The frame was painted in the back already by myself but in some places (rivets) unfortunately not perfect, because the rust from the surface could not be removed properly. Therefore completely sandblasting.

One question to all: on the last picture I've found this spring on the frame. What is the task of the spring?

The next pictures show the pedals, which are back from powder coating. They still have to be mounted.

I will post the photos in the next few days.