View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

It was cold - and I mean like 60 degrees out today. You guys know me, my blood turns to molasses and I get hibernating when it gets about there. But I had some free time so I drove the family car (The Marshmallow) to see the Mexicans (prounounced "Mes'kinz") about the rim and tires I need.

As always they're freaking ON IT when you pull up to the shop. Running out and handling business. "Yes, sir!" they say.

"Can you guys find a rim and set of tires for me?", I asked.

"Yes sir! We got all kindsa rims. Whatcha got?"

I open the tailhatch and show them Cecilia's old, rusty glass slipper. He frowns and I know that to me it looks like this:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

But to him it looks like this (needle in a haystack):

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

"Uhhhh......I dunno about that one. Where did you find it, a Ferd?"

I say, "Bite your tongue. That's a GMC wheel there!" We laughed and he told me to come back in a couple of hours.

Tick tock, tick tock....I get back at 1pm and the fella runs out the most beautiful old wheel I've ever seen next to the four I already got.

And the kicker is this - I say Great, how much? And you know what he told me? "$40 bucks".

Sweetest deal I've made in a while. I figured it'd be at least a hundred bucks. When I asked him about the tires he said, "Noooooo, cain't find 'em....But for $80.00 you can get some new."

I'll run back in a few days and see about that deal on 5 new tires (one spare). If it's decent tires with the good chunky outside he might have saved me a fortune. I'm a happy camper right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.