Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2020, 08:46 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grampa's 60

Okay, so I had mentioned in another thread that I am back working on her and how sad I am that I have to tear apart the front end considering it has original parts and is tighter than a drum. Hurt feelings or not, it only makes sense to replace those things while I'm in there, especially things like the control arm bushings/seals, as painful as they would be once the body is back on.

Anyway, I threw in a few tear-down pictures of the driver side (and the perfect ball joint had to pop out). If you look close you will see that they are before and after shots. I bought one of those cheap ($30) pressure washer sand blaster attachments and I have to say, it far exceeded epectations...so far. I have about 3-4 hours in wire brushing break parts, the spindle and the hub and that blaster did what you see there and more in about 20 minutes.

Since I'm actually 'restoring' now and not just tearing down, I decided I would start doing a video log as well. Mostly for my son who will eventually inherit it, but if you all are bored and want a laugh go take a look. Who knows, maybe it would help you out on something or...maybe you could stop me from doing something stupid

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

My Channel...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20201110_165054792.jpg (4.18 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201208_201516765.jpg (5.03 MB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201208_203036903.jpg (3.38 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)