View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2016, 10:27 PM

Truck: 1964, K15
Lineman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man Trans stuck in gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I think I know what you said but there is a large access, floor sheet metal transmission cover and there is a actual top to the transmission. I assume you first tried to align the slides just thru the small shifter hole? Then took off the floor transmission cover, then took off the top of the transmission? I understand you have a Trans Band type ebrake, not a under dash horizontal ebrake lever. Maybe you have some kind of carpeting and didn't remove the floor access cover?
Thank you for correcting the instructions you requested I post. I did the best I could with my public high school education.
I did not feel the need to talk about carpet, foam doughnut seal on top of the transmission, bolt sizes nor re sealing and I probably should have mentioned the removable floor pan over the top loader for access. Although I think that if someone finds themselves in this situation these steps become obvious during the course of the repair so maybe their mention is either irrelevant or they confuse things with too much information. Guess that is your judgement call there?

Thanks for your attention to detail.

Jay