View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2023, 06:26 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need help with my front park lamps/turn signals. I have a 1966 1001 GMC.

First thing you should have is a wiring manual for your truck, before any electrical troubleshooting can be performed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquibdl View Post
Now my attention is on the front park lamp/turn signals which are not working.
Question: Where/how do the front park lamp turn signals get their ground from?
The front will ground at the lights. If the hood is not grounded to the frame it won't turn on.

Quote:
Also, I have noticed that the dome light inside the cab will not come on either.
Check your fuses, it should be label Tail/Stop/Dome. Dome light come on when the headlight knob is turn full bright. There should be a detent in the switch when it turn on. For it to operate by the doors a switch will need to be added to both door frames between the hinges.

Quote:
One more thing I just noticed is that when I turn on the ignition switch to start the truck my rear taillight/turn signals stop working while the truck is running. They work perfectly fine in the AC mode of the ignition switch but not after I start the truck.
This sound more like a bad ignition switch. It should operate in run and ACC position.