View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:55 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Today was the first really pretty weekend day we've had in a while. On the spur of the moment after raking the kids' sandbox we pulled off the air cleaner on Cecilia and ran a wire wheel over it to remove all the old paint and rust.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It worked great, but took three full batteries in the cordless drill. Afterward we sprayed it with primer.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then an hour later it was on with the black paint.

Here's the primer I used:

And the paint is this

It turned out pretty decent except for the bugs flying into the paint when we started. I guess this stuff is like candy to them. I picked several off with sticks but we were able to rebuild the splotches out to look smooth.