View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2017, 06:21 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: '65 Dash Cluster Wiring Terminals

You are correct, it was hard to figure out what we could provide, as to a part number, with all the details about your life at 19. You, yourself called it a "back story". That was the tangent. So we began giving companies to check. A few questions were asked about size and such. This is how a forum works. This is how you try and help someone. I hope you really didn't expect to find someone who found the actual original part number from 1965 that had the crimp you like. We wanted to find you a functional replacement, so we needed info and were trying to cut out the personal details in your posts.

It does not seem like helping someone, but next time you ask, we will just say "No, no part number" if that's what you want.

It seems like you have an ego chip on your shoulder. Resistant to help or answering questions. That won't work. I don't have to have actually fixed that particular connector problem to be able to help you. Experience allows me to suggest fixes if I have a willing person. We are hear to help 6066 owners. Lets reset here. Remember, after all that blogging, you never even said what size you need. You just asked for a part number for a female contact for a 1965 GMC gauge cluster. That's like asking for THE part number for a screw and hope it is still identified by a 52 year old part number and not giving us the thread size and length. I hope, as you continue to help this young guy, you can be more flexible and realize that many times there will only be a suitable replacement part. That part number may have nothing to do with a 1965 GMC. We can not give you that suggested replacement part number until we have pertinent info.
Hope you find a contact.

Last edited by AZKen; May 7th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.