Thread: stuck 478
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:11 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1960 3500, 305D heads
abus319 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stuck 478

NOW, get in gear, and let us hear your old 478 breath fire, thunder, and rattle the shop windows. I'm sure it will bring back many memories of hearing those old engines roaring day and night pumping water back when we were much younger. I'm sure you've changed about 40 water tubes from an open ditch, the water got ahead of you, then the ditch broke. Great fun trying to plug the hole, Huh?
Yote( I like that)
Yeup we used open ditch irrigation for two years. The worst part of it was digging the ditch. We used a 35hp DC Case which was waaaay to light, and every time the ditcher hit a big rock the front end would head for the sky. It would be a rodeo till either the rock came loose or I chickened out. If it was more than a few feet off the ground the impact would break all the bolts in the front end....

I got really good at plugging the hole/ break. I would start a bunch more tubes and let it draw down and shovel like crazy.

I did manage to get a little work done on the 478 today. Got the old pallet bolts loose, the stand flushed and the extra brackets off and cleaned up. Its ready to lift and bolt to the stand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jimmy 001.jpg (3.01 MB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)