View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1960 suburban VIN number or serial number ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdubois View Post
hi

i live in Canada and i am buying a 1960 GMC Suburban. The deal is done with the seller, but when he gave me the serial number, it did not start with "0" like i think normally a 1960 year truck started with. i did some research and the vin he give it to me is the chassis number : 1001cn5823a.

The seller tells me that there is no serial number on the front door pillar with 11 digit and starts with a "0" on a GMC 1960 SUburban. Do you think that is ok ? i am buying that truck for my 16 years old son , he wants to bring the truck in Canada and do a restoration project on it , i am happy with that , but i dont want to have any problem with that VIN situation and lost resale value because their is no 11 digit serial number on the truck !

Do you have an answer about that or also can you refer me to someone that could help me ? I am french , sorry for my english! thanks ! N.B. the title of that truck uses that chassis serial number on it.
As already mentioned, that is a US VIN. That vehicle was built in the USA.
US VIN Decoder:
http://6066gmcguy.com/VinNumber.html

Canadian VIN Decoder:
http://www.oeltd.net/doc/6066gmc/VINs/gmc-canada.htm

You are correct, if that was a GM of Canada VIN it would have begun with a 0,
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500