View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:24 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sm318 Transmission Plugs and Transfer case plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Hey, Fetch, no the tranny doesn't bolt to the flywheel. The transmission input shaft pokes through the clutch disk that is between the flywheel and pressure plate. You may have to clean some grease up to see it but the transmission may have 2 bottom bolts through the bellhousing from the flywheel side into the transmission case. They may go from the outside in also, but I have never dealt with a 3 speed in one of these trucks. Then you probably will have to take out the transmission hump inside of the cab to get at the top two bolts that go through the transmission case into the bell housing. The '62 K2500 I had was a 4speed so I can't tell you exactly what to do but all standard tranny engines have a bellhousing that bolts to the engine block, then the transmission bolts to the bellhousing in some form, usually 4 bolts. The two bolts on the crossmember are the bellhousing mounts that hold up the rear of the engine and support the transmission.

Later---DAC

Got it! I'll take those two out tomorrow and try to get at the other four if my time doesn't run out. Kids are out again tomorrow so I should be free. If I can get it dropped out and look at the bearings, clutch etc I'm hoping I can see something obvious that needs fixing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.