View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 04:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Then I started her up and took her for a spin!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The transmission performed flawlessly! And the new clutch was great! I was able to engage it without pulling my foot all the way up to my ear.

I pulled out of the garage, into the drive, and into the street. I shifted to 1st and took off VROOOMMM!!! Then I went to shift to second. I took my foot off the gas....And my joy was interrupted by this maddening SKREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
it sounded like dragging chains behind me. Ugh.

I pulled her around to the back yard and made peace with having to rebuild the Rockwell T221 transfer case (Also called a Timkin T221).

I'll go through the step-by-steps like normal for that but I want you guys to know one thing. I took the U bolts off the drive shaft going from the Rockwell to the rear end and....

..... BONG!!!!!!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The entire shaft fell out in the dirt! I was like, Hubba-whaaa?!!?!

There lying in the sand by the rear end was the nut and washer that SHOULD have been tightly clamped on the rear end through the drive shaft. It was entirely off! So thats my noise.

All that rebuilding, knuckle busting, and changing my entire rebuild schedule, but I could have skipped it all and tightened a nut. THANKS OBAMA!

Oh well. I had fun when i wasn't pulling my hair out. And I learned something. Always a good day when you can say that. i love this truck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.