View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Slowing down the rust demons

Yeah I agree with BBV6. I hate buying gas (leaving the house, dealing with idiots) or having something where I can't stock it up (convenience, dependability), but if you want a wire welder you won't be happy unless you get a gas one. I've also heard you need 160 amps (140 minimum) so you can use it on more than just the very thin steel, but BBV6 can probably speak to that more than me. The MIG I used was a 240 and it was just borrowed.

On a personal note That flux stuff is the devil. You have to knock it off ever time you run a bead before you make the next pass or tie in to the last run. It triples (or quadruples) your time and probably costs 10x the effort.

For me I use a stick welder for convenience. Same splatter problems, but I can weld from steel girders all the way down to coffee cans and I can stock up enough rods to build a bridge to your house from here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.