View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2015, 03:09 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cayoterun's new folly--GMC/Chevy bus

Quote:
I might have a lead on a 292, I still working on it. Its a runner but pretty high mileage. It might be a good candidate considering your goals.
I am quite familiar with that spot on the hub! Sometimes I head down one spoke and end up on another or fall off the darn thing altogether.
So is there any kind of registry for this buss or have any idea how many are left?
I'm sure we'll be up and down all the spokes on this deal, before it flys. LOL

I haven't looked for a registry or stats on the internet, yet. I was glad to get enough confirmation to know who the maker was, and approximate years they were built. I checked with DMV, and they gave me a contact# at DMV research dept. in OKC. to try trace back on the existing tag and last renewal date of '89. Maybe we can start trying to build some history on this and other buses like it.
I know it was owned by a "Lancaster School" in it's past from faded name on the side of it. No idea where.

Follow the trail on the 292. Runner sounds good at this stage. Known history on it would be good, too. Pump motor would be fine, unless it had been off the pump, out in the weather, and was stuck pretty bad. Then we might need to look at it closer.

I've spent the last two days on the bus cleaning the interior crud out, still a long ways to go, but keep hoping that somewhere down under the old paneling and rotted glued on carpet, I might find additional ID of some kind. A serial# would be great!

Thanks for your eyes and ears.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.