View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2021, 02:56 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stuck engine -- Now what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell View Post
Sounds like what I had in mind was the way to try. Thanks for the help.

Next trip to town I'll get a gallon of PBBlaster, etc and a "spark plug compressed air" adapter. Pull spark plugs, pour in some penetrating oil, compressed air for a while, repeat five more times.

Will listen closely for air escaping

Meantime I will find a long piece of steel and adapt it to bolt to flywheel and see about applying some torque to the crank. Might even set it horizontal and hang some weights on it for long term pressure.

Thanks for the help and hope for the best!!!
Greetings, Mike!

I have not personally tried this, but a good friend of mine claims that this will loosen the most stubborn of stuck engines. A 50/50 mixture of brake fluid and automatic transmission fluid, and leave it soak for several days, replenishing lost fluid if needed. As I said, I haven't tried this remedy myself, but anything is worth a try, since you have nothing to lose. There is also a commercial product known as K&W Knock'er Loose that might also be worth a try. Good luck, and let us know what happens!