Thread: Burned Valves
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2022, 09:21 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Burned Valves

Not definitive enough. The extra low pressure in multiple cylinders, on same bank, just doesn't feel right. Together with sketchy pic of alleged burnt valves. The pics below are actual burnt valves. You can see a clear compression leak path. I will leave the analysis up to you, other members and the OP. This is all I can offer from one pic and test results. Just something to consider.

In the pic, all I see is possible pitted seat, normal. Depending on mileage. Don't think that causes 47 PSI. Need to see the gasket and if there are witness trails on the head......or better pics of all the valves showing definite seat lip failure as in: "burnt valves"

It is the nature of troubleshooting from afar and it is necessary not to take the ideas of the poster as to what is wrong. I must go by what I see and read. I don't see the gasket, I don't see a burnt valve. I didn't see the compression test. If I trusted a OP without seeing or testing, I would never find the issue. I would just be following them around in a circle. If it seems stubborn, it is. Don't mind being wrong but I don't give up until I see proof. Otherwise what good would I be as a yes man?

Of course, the poster being right there examining parts, can be completely correct in their analysis....but they did ask for comment.

If I saw a burnt valve I would say obviously it's cased by excess heat. Improper cooling or valve train failures I've already mentioned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burnt valve3.jpg (39.8 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg burnt valve2.jpg (5.37 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg burnt valve.jpg (96.1 KB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)

Last edited by AZKen; January 11th, 2022 at 10:00 PM.