View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2023, 11:03 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1966 GMC 1001
esquibdl is on a distinguished road
Default 66 GMC Heater control/switch not working

I have a three slider heater control/switch in my 66 GMC that is not working. The middle lever is an air/fan "Off-Lo-Med-Hi" switch. The left lever is DEFROST, and the right lever is HEAT. I can test that the switch is getting power to it via a 4-wire connector that plugs directly into the back of the switch. Power comes from a 10 Amp fuse on the Fuse Panel labeled HEATER / B.U. LPS. Fuse is good, and power is going through it. Any suggestions?

On a separate issue, the Heater Control Bulb was not working either. Found out that the 3A fuse on the Fuse Panel labeled PANEL LPS, which the heater lamp wire was plugged into, had no power. Moved the heater lamp power wire/connector on the fuse panel to another 3A fuse labeled RADIO / BRAKE LP, This fuse had power when the ignition switch is turned on. After making this wiring switch, my heater control lamp worked. Question: Any ideas why there is no power on the PANEL LPS fuse/circuit. Where does power come from for that panel fuse. Can't tell from looking at the front of the fuse panel.