View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:12 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Very lucky Clock/Tach EBay purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky61 View Post
Been a member since about 2007 and started my learning curve about these GMC's and what is considered rare and or exceptional. I have most of what I need, but this item I've only seen in some of the albums posted here by original founding members and on restored vehicles. So I have been looking around for a while.
A few days back I just happened to do my usual window internet shopping when I saw this item at a Buy-It-Now price of $-- including shipping. I thought that couldn't be right. I hit the Buy-it-Now then backed out, to make sure it included all the gauges per the description. Yep, it was real. Here are some photos. No transmitter for the tachometer and I haven't checked to see if the clock works yet.

Gauge back panel is date coded AUG 28 62

Clock is Stamped AUG 62/manufactured by Geo W. Borg Corp in Delavan, Wisconsin and also has a hand etched 10-25-63 with initials

Tachometer appears to have the correct font and says Model RC5A
and use with Model EB or WB transmitter and stamped 332 on the bottom

I believe these are accessories and not options, so dealer installed.

Rarely seen and not for sale, but photos and info for the new kids on the block who may not have seen these or been aware of there existence.
Whoever installed both gauges did them wrong because the proper way to mount them is from the back side of the instrument cluster.