View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2015, 03:05 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road
Default Let's find a place for all our members

Discussing the absence of one of our members started (I think) on Fetch Me A Pepsi's Cecilia Slow Build thread. I don't want to divert Fetch's informative (beyond google), well written/illustrated (beyond most newspapers), and flat out so darn amusing I find myself laughing out loud when I read it. So, I'm starting this thread, "Let's find a place for all our members".

At an early age, I realized I was not the second coming of anybody who might have done religious good: measured by any theological leanings, I got into trouble. I was grateful when folks wiser then myself suggested, "forgive and forget". It meant I might get a second (or more) chance.

I'm a big fan of 6066 GMC Truck Club. No contributors owe me a nickel, yet I learn from all of you. When I see a post and say to myself, "That is good information--I'll need that later", I save it. Scanning my collection of your saved information, I realize I've got golden nuggets from all corners and from the heartland of the country. Thank you, all. When I scan a bit more, I see I have more information from Barry in Spokane than I would have imagined. (Also, last I read his son was headed to the mountains in a 6066 GMC Truck with a steering wheel mounted necker knob to fish for trout and I've not heard how that went.)

I missed the events that caused the soup kettle to boil over. That is history. I suggest we look to our future and see if we can find a way (as my village suggested) to forgive and forget. OK, perhaps cut our goal a little to, "forgive and remember a little less". It seems we would benefit more from Barry's presence than from his absence.

Let's find a way to bring him back.

Regards,

Culver Adams
Minneapolis, MN
1961 GMC K1500