View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2014, 04:13 AM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
Hantke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 87 VS 63... Hard choice.

Quote:
That's great that you're wanting a V6 powered GMC at your age, Hantke! You have a lifetime of opportunity to acquire one or more of them. They're not all that hard to find if you just have patience. Craigslist makes it easier to find them than ever. If you can go outside of the Portland area, you can find a lot more.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

is a good place to find them. You're fortunate to live on the West Coast. We seem to have more than our fair share of good ones out here.
I've always loved them, the front end is hands down one of the coolest trucks ever made. I also have an affinity for body work / restoration and while i really wanted to drop a big diesel in, I couldn't do it. Maybe a 60-66 chevy, but those are all over out here for cheap. I would be OK with driving anywhere that I could drive the truck back from, though if i have the '87 I could tow it back then sell the '87. I am glad that I have so much extra time, I just wish i had something to work on in that time. With a broken arm / wrist I can't even get my motorcycle home to work on.
Even if i don't get my favorite knee knocker this year, you guys are still my favorite forum to follow and I learn more stuff every day it seems, can't wait till the day comes!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

GMC Hunting - I'll get my hands on one of 'em eventually.