View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:51 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
62Stepside is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guy Alert

"tommyduncan
Re: New Guy Alert
Awesome rig!

I've had(and still have) a few Jeeps and that is a great combo. I had a 76 that I put a 401 in. It was a short fleet and I was always looking for a thrift side bed for it. I love the M-715s also.

Owning an oddfire Jeepster is what got me curious about the GMC V6s."

Thanks tommyduncan. The Daunltess and the Oddfire are great engines with a strong, proven history in Jeeps. I was pretty perplexed by the GMC V6 until I landed on this forum.

I am chasing down a starter at this point. O'Smilies doesn't have them in their system, BotoZone can't get them... NAPA has one in Seattle, so it'll be here tomorrow. I used the NAPA part number listed on this forum (obsolete number), but the counter guy said putting a "2" in front of the number gives the "new" number, but the starter no longer has a lifetime warranty- only a 3 year warranty is available. But I am glad to get one after being shot down at three auto stores. I was about to have mine rebuilt locally, but NAPA had one.

If all goes well, I'll post pics of the starter and the number. I loved the 5/8" bolts holding the starter on! I expected 9/16". Beefy- but a tight fit in a FSJ (Full Sized Jeep).