Thread: Brake Issue
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2020, 11:22 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brake Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoulas View Post
Hello, and thank you for your comments. I categorically disagree with your statements. Professional mechanics do not know how to repair and troubleshoot old vehicles. If they cannot connect a scanner to the built in computer , they are lost. I did take the truck to the local reputable mechanic several years ago. What did they do? They told me I needed new brakes. I approved the cost. They changed the brakes and never serviced the brake cylinder. Six months later all brake cylinders were leaking.

Is this the level of service you are recommending?

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself period. This is my plan. Anyone interested in helping, feel free to do so.
I agree with you. I've seen to many so call auto mechanic claiming they know what they are doing only costing me more money and time. Back then I was young and didn't have the place to do the work. Over time I got my own place and now there is almost nothing I can't do on my truck.

I also use a bleeder tool. When you don't have any help and the job needed to get done right the first time. It don't cost that much and it saved me a lot of time.